THE WEBSITE OF COST ACTION P17 EPM,
‘ELECTROMAGNETIC PROCESSING OF MATERIALS’
The main objective of the Action is to increase knowledge about the action of the electromagnetic fields to control, process and manipulate liquid and solid metals,
semiconductors, electrolytes, ferrofluids, and plasmas with the aim of producing new or improve the quality of existing materials.
To reach the main objective the following secondary objectives have to be fulfilled:
- to increase understanding of the fundamental issues of EPM, such as solidification, heat and mass transfer, MHD turbulence, and to increase modelling
capabilities for EPM
- to develop new and to improve existing measurement techniques for flows of liquid metals, electrolytes, ferrofluids, etc.
- to increase knowledge about the application of electromagnetic fields to control production and properties of metals and semiconductors
- to gain an in-depth knowledge about ferrofluid-dynamics with the aim of producing
- ferrofluids with enhanced magnetic properties, as well as biocompatible fluids
- to study complex phenomena of the exploding wire (micro arcs, self-collimating flow,
- collisionless shocks, MHD expansion, etc.) with the aim of producing nano-scale powders to increase knowledge about the influence of magnetic fields on
electrochemical processes with the aim of producing ferromagnetic films, multilayers, and nanostructures (nanowires, nanopowders, etc.), with improved properties.